Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There's a karate kid in my belly: 17w3d update

Well, I thought I felt the baby kick last week, but this week I'm sure. He/she loves my morning mountain dews! I'm not sure I can describe the kicks, besides someone just lightly flicking me from the inside. It feels like you would think it would feel, basically. Here's my festive bump pic:
Photobucket
It's getting bigger!
Symptoms: Lower back pain still and heartburn galore! Tums are my new best friend.
Movement: Yes. Loving it!
Weight gain: Holding steady at 9 pounds.
Exercise: Went on a big hike on Sunday, it wiped me out! But I've been shooting for cardio 3 or 4 times a week. Now I need to work more on legs and arms, short/bathing suit season is creeping up on me.
Baby Names:Nothing new.
Dreams:I've been having some crazy dreams, so I thought I'd add this category. Last night I dreamt that we had an U/S and it was a boy. We were practically shouting it from the rooftops. That's the 3rd or 4th "boy" dream I've had. The other night I had a dream that I had to have my hand amputated and that Keith Urban was my boyfriend. Totally random. They range from perfectly normal to perfectly weird.
Other: Regular appointment next week. Secretly hoping they decide to do an U/S and I get to find out boy or girl. I guess that's not a secret anymore, eh? But really, only 3 more weeks, it'll fly! I might be getting a new job, which is exciting. My career is looking up, Nick passed his Hessie test yesterday which means he is pretty much for sure graduating nursing school in June... I love that we are going to be in a good financial place to bring a baby into the world. It's a great feeling. Overall I am really enjoying being pregnant and very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment