Wednesday, April 6, 2011

16 Weeks!

I thought I would stop in to record a milestone... I think I can feel the baby!

On Sunday (April 2nd), I was in Mass and listening to the gospel reading, when I felt a pretty definite flutter. It wasn't gas, my stomach was otherwise normal. Since then, it's like I can just feel when the baby is active or not. It's not kicks or flutters, it's just somehow I know. When Nick went to do the doppler on me, I pointed to exactly where the baby was and immediately we picked up the heartbeat, thump thump thumping away!

I don't have a pic from week 16, but here's my week 15 pic:
Photobucket

Symptoms: Back still hurting! Other than that I feel fab.
Movement: Yes, I think, see above!
Weight gain: I'm creeping on the 10lb mark... Oh no!
Exercise: So much more! I have been going to gym, going on walks with Nick, have been trying to stay very active. It helps me feel great.
What I miss:I'm over missing beer and wine. I'm starting to really enjoy being pregnant.
Baby Names:Still set on Lela Jane for a girl. For a boy I am liking Casey and Samuel. But I'm not in love with them yet. We will see!
Other: I am so excited to find out if Nug is a boy or girl! Only 4 more weeks. It feels like the pregnancy is flying by. I am super excited to hold and love and take care of this baby. It's just crazy to think in a few short months I will be a mommy to this precious angel. Sorry, my hormones are making me mushy!

As Nick would say, "Peace, love and hairgrease!"

1 comment: