Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh so much to tell you...

So I have been seriously slacking in the blogging department. My first bit of news is... NUG IS A BOY!

Here's the story:So Nick and I convinced ourselves that we were having a girl on the way to my 20 week anatomy scan. We discussed things we'd do with a girl, things we'd teach her, dressing her up, etc. I'm not sure why, but maybe to build ourselves up to be excited about a girl because we knew we both wanted a boy first. We would have been thrilled either way, I can say that with certainty. We got right in to our appointment and when the U/S tech put the wand to my belly, the "goods" were front and center! If we would have not wanted to know it would have been impossible. In fact, as a gut reaction, she pulled the wand back for a moment. But then when she put it back, there they were again! I immediately began crying. I wish I had a picture of Nick's face... this open-mouthed smile/disbelief/shock... absolutely precious. The rest of the scan went perfect. We saw all four chambers of the heart, his little face (he was covering his eye with one of his lil hands!), his big huge feet, and all of his perfect little body.
Afterwards, we were in shock. The plan was to meet the entire family at 6 at my parents house to break the news. Since we had time to kill, we went to the mall with intentions of buying an outfit but couldn't find anything. I accidentally spilled the beans to my mom when I sent her an u/s pic and said HIS little hand was covering his face. So she knew. Next, my aunt Kathy was texting me saying she couldn't come to the big reveal because she had a minor outpatient surgery earlier and had a headache. She guilted me into telling her. Then we got home and my aunt Leigh Ann came over and wanted to walk, well, she talked me into telling her. So now three people know the big "secret." Nick texted me while I was on a walk asking if I'd told Leigh Ann, I lied and said "no" (full intentions of telling him later) and he said "Well, I told Ryan and Tommy" (they are my cousins, Leigh Ann's sons). Okay, so here we are with this big "secret" that half my family now knows.
So our method of reveal was that I put snakes, snails, and puppy dog tails (drawn on construction paper and cut out) in plastic easter eggs. Just in case they didn't get the hint, I also added two peanuts in each. When the moment came and everyone was gathered (Nick's mom, dad, sister along with my mom, dad, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents) I had them open the eggs up at the same time. Everyone starts digging around in the eggs and my grandmother, God love her, yells "NUTS! IT'S A BOY!"
Everyone then went nuts (he he no pun intended) and we all had a great dinner together. Really was an amazing day.

I'll have to post pictures later from home, but I wanted to stop by and tell the good news, even if it is 4 1/2 weeks later! To summarize: We are thrilled, we haven't picked a name yet, nug is kicking me like crazy, and my belly is as big as a men's basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment